QA Engineer | Heredia, Costa Rica
Rodolfo is an ambitious technology professional who finds pleasure in development and software analytics, using innovative thinking and techniques. He is from San Fransisco but currently lives in Costa Rica.
- iOS 4+
- Android 2+
- Windows 98+
- Visual Studio
- Win Runner
- HP Quality Center
- SQL 2003+
- Microsoft’s Access
- Reporting Services
- SQL Management + other
Entegreat.Inc – January 2013 – Present
Position: Software Quality Engineer
Description: Entegreat is an Alabama based company which develops, provides and offers different software solutions for large multinational companies across the U.S. Customers like MilleCoors, GM and others rely on their software for various roles
The role of QA is to verify and ensure that functionality is working according to the company’s standards for which some of the daily tasks included but where not limited to:
- Development and maintenance of Test Plan for the different online pages.
- Creation and maintenance of test cases using Excel or HP QC.
- Conversion of manual test into Automated scripts.
- Perform manual and automated testing as required by the product (this includes Mobile Platform).
- Maintain good communication with development in order to achieve goals.
- Automated testing using Load Runner and Selennium.
- Metrics Performance maintenance and report.
- Regression, Smoke, Unit and Integration test.
ExcelSoft Sources – February 2011 – December 2012
Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
Description: ExcelSoft Sources is an outsourcing company dedicated to the implementation, creation and engineering of software. Within the years of services provided for the company I was able to work in different QA projects as well as in the application support area.
The company has managed to acquire contracts with large customers For development and also Quality Service Including RRDonnelly for whom I was responsible of the quality process, ensure high standards and achieve goals set by the company. Different tasks included
- Assisted in writing and editing production scripts.
- Provided administration and programming for a remote database authentication server.
- Created and Run Test Cases.
- Created automated test scripts using load runner and QTP.
- Maintained focus and reported issues accordingly.
- Generated test results according to project plan and requirements.
- Complete test cycle and cross testing experience.
- Performance tests.
EX Squared Outcoding Solutions – February 2007 – January 2011
Position: Quality Assurance Team Lead / .NET Developer
Description: EX² Outcoding is a premier solution provider based in San Jose, Costa Rica. We provide near shore outsourcing solutions with our experienced teams and specialize in Software Development, Quality Assurance, Dedicated Teams, and Business Process Outsourcing.
One of their large customers is Cambridsoft, a life science company dedicated to the creation of science, research and development software related to chemistry, biology and pharmaceutical solutions, a challenge considering the company’ background and dedicated field (chemistry, biology). As a QA Engineer some of my tasks were:
- Software Testing.
- Creation of Test Cases.
- Creation of Test Plans.
- Creation of Bug Reports and lifecycle follow up.
- Software Development.
- Regression Test.
- Creation Automation Test Scripts.
- Implementation of Quality Assurance process which included: Training, Task assignments, Methodology Acceptance and Requirement Gathering
Stream International – January 2006 – February 2007
Position: Technical Support Specialist
Description: Stream International on a joint with HP created a technical support service trough follow up call for their Notebook/Laptop end users
Some task included but was not limited to:
- Assisted clients with their inquiries and provide a solution to their problems through follow up calls.
- HP Notebook technical support, which includes Notebook troubleshooting, and prompt solution following HP standards.
- Resolve issues in a professional mannerNotebook remote assistance
Digital Solutions – April 2002– December 2005
Position: Application Support Specialist Quality Assurance Engineer/Lead
Description: This Project was made to create the DGS (Digital Gaming Solutions) sports gaming software. This software application is one of the best and most used software used in the sports gaming industry year to date. As a QA Engineer/Manager the experience gained in testing a complicated and yet long lasting used software has helped me developed my skills within this field.
- Planning all resources and schedules for functional and performance QA work for new and ongoing enterprise.
- Supervised a team of QA functional test engineers in Costa Rica working on multiple projects.
- Coordinated automated testing work.
- Reported QA team status to executive.
- Wrote test plans and test cases.
- Executed manual and automated testing of J2EE-based applications running.
- Executed automated tests using Mercury WinRunner.
- Managed resource contention between ongoing development projects and urgent defects reported in production.
- Managed defects.
- Identify, Analyze & Communication of bugs.
- Create & Provide Metrics.
- Assigning bugs to team members and following-up with the owner to ensure that bug is being worked at a level consistent with severity.
- Manage and allocate resources based on severity.
- Administered windows Servers (IE: NT, XP, 2000,2003), UNIX Towers (IE: Solaris and Linux).
- Administered MS LAN servers for business units.
- Managed 24/7 data center operations support for servers.
- Coordinated daily, weekly, monthly image repository server production schedules for business units.
- Administrated MySQL queries and monitored systems which routed data from business units to the clients server and website.
- Provide Technical Support for applications that handled formatting of documents.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering (2009)
Sales, Budget & Marketing (2008)
Automated Testing .NET scripting and editing (2011)
Q.A Best practices (2003)